WHAT WE DO
WE SPECIALIZE IN
- Firearms Training Facilities — Indoor and Outdoor
- Shoot Houses
- Facility Master Planning
- Fire and Police Stations
- Fire and Police Operations Facilities
- Vehicle Training Facilities
- Emergency Communications Centers
- Construction Services
Through a close partnership with you, we will design a safe, effective range facility that reflects your goals and addresses the appropriate trends for your situation. But don’t just take our word for it. In 2018, Building Design + Construction magazine ranked us a Top 10 Military Design Firm in the United States.
Solid Track Record
For more than three decades, we have partnered with law enforcement agencies across the country to design and renovate firing ranges and training facilities. Our public safety experts also bring personal experience serving in law enforcement to each project, uniquely enabling us to understand your challenges and develop effective training facilities.
Our numerous repeat clients in law enforcement, military, and special operations are evidence of our expertise and customer service. Notably, we have been providing design services to the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) for more than 18 years. Our team has consistently delivered exceptional training and firearms venues for the private sector and public safety professionals.
- Public safety specialization, personal law enforcement service, and integrated design practice benefits our clients in every project phase.
- Experience preparing scope and concept studies for indoor and outdoor firing ranges.
- Knowledge of the equipment required, the targets, the audiovisual systems, the safety concerns, and the environmental criteria – especially lead and heavy metal contamination of the air and wash down water.
- Ability to project the life-cycle cost of these facilities and determine the level of staffing required.
- Skill in translating your training needs into potential design solutions, presenting those solutions, and partnering with you to determine the ideal solution within your budget.
Founded in 1920, Clark Nexsen has more than 400 employees in Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Texas, and Utah. Our service capabilities scale from local all the way to global, and while we are a large firm, we offer the best of both worlds: a small firm approach with personalized service, backed by deep in-house resources.
The people you get to know will be the people working with you. We are committed to maintaining resources assigned throughout the duration of your project. Clark Nexsen is financially strong, with steady, well-managed growth and very low staff turnover.