Our portfolio of work with FLETC includes:
- Multiple facilities at Cheltenham, MD including the Indoor Firing Range
- Charleston Indoor Firing Range
- Comprehensive Master Plans in Artesia, NM; Cheltenham, MD; and Glynco, GA
- New design and modifications to multiple ranges in Glynco, GA
- Firearms Division Headquarters Renovation
- Indoor Firing Range & Training Center Infrastructure Design
- Artesia Indoor Firing Range Design
- TSA Academy, GLYNCO, GA
Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers
Multiple U.S. Locations
Our Public Safety team puts partnership into practice working with FLETC’s around the nation
Part of the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) train nearly all federal law enforcement officials except for the CIA and FBI. Focused on providing career-long training to law enforcement officials that enables them to fulfill their duties safely and responsibly, FLETC is committed to expanding their capacity, building state-of-the-art training facilities, and increasing program partnerships for consolidated, consistent public safety training.
In the period since the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001, public safety training centers have experienced unprecedented demand and FLETC is a clear leader in delivering the space and training programs to prepare our officials to fight terrorism in the United States. Clark Nexsen’s Public Safety team has been a proud FLETC partner for nearly two decades as our transdisciplinary team of architects and engineers has worked with FLETC locations around the nation to help the organization achieve their objectives.
Key focuses in FLETC facility design include:
- Flexibility: the creation of spaces that can be converted and rearranged to mimic a variety of scenarios as public safety threats continue to change
- Technology: from ventilation to monitoring, state-of-the-art technology must be implemented throughout these facilities to enable instructors to deliver high quality training and ensure the safety of trainees.
Our team has partnered with FLETC to design master plans for multiple locations as well as renovations and new construction for indoor firing ranges and comprehensive training facilities.
As a longstanding FLETC partner, we consider it an honor to put our firearms and public safety expertise to use for an organization doing so much to protect our nation. Please see our two featured projects, the Indoor Firing Range at Cheltenham and the Indoor Firing Range at Charleston for specific project details.